News of a kind.

Greetings, mortals. It has been 3 years since our last album release and any interesting news has been confined to our own minds.

So let us finally break the seal on our long-awaited (by some, I live in hope) 5th album.

The Velnias Chronicle I: Vampire Rising

Because you never know, it might have a sequel.

It has undergone many plot rewrites, history lessons, music overwrites and reworks, and still incorporates the original. We've been recording all week and, barring a few minor changes, the music is all complete. Here's the tracklist:

1. Noctis Cruentus [1:51]
2. Vampire Rising [4:40]
3. Athanasia [4:32]
4. The Exodus [4:40]
5. The Piquant Taste of Youth [5:10]
6. Ipseity [4:03]
7. Ascent to Authority [3:46]
8. Malignant Compassion [4:23]
9. Primordial Thirst [4:14]
10. One Misty Sanguine Night [4:45]
11. The Epic Battle [11:36]
12. Serene Delirium [4:10]
13. Dolorous Haze [8:08]
14. Hammer and Fickle [5:30]
15. Blood Serpent [7:53]

All lyrics and Vampire Rising music by Krv, all other music by Captain Epic.
The music isn't really metal. It's more art music with the unwilling intrusion of metal instrumentation and harsh vocals.

Now I just need to do the artwork and we will have it done for the end of the year.

Not doing a photobook, will just do a few print runs of CDs.

Other Stuff

I (Krv) spent a year in Japan going to far too many gigs. Chris has started Uni, and I'll be going back in September. I may soon buy a portable recording device so I can record my parts even with being geographically separated.

Other projects are basically stalled until we've sorted out University and subsequent moves. Jax Muskly is entirely dependent on how my new setup works. The Japan project is not quite ready to have anything done. The random songs I've written and accumulated will eventually end up somewhere, I'm sure. Opera will likely never get done.

We'll see.

Until next time, pozdrav fuckers.
Krv

Comments