It's been a while...

So yes, it's time again for me to update this damn thing. It's been 4 months, longer than I usually go without doing things, but several things have been happening. I'll touch on those later. First off, an update on music.

Elemental

The photography is finally done. Now I just need Chris to finish putting together the artwork, then I'll do the liner notes, then I'll send it off to some people. If they like it, it might get released. If not, Wulfhelm from Adalruna said a while back that as a last resort I might be able to use his Asgard's Wall Records imprint to release it. Dunno if the offer still stands, but I'll talk to him if all else fails.

To Sever Ties...

Still chugging along merrily. Après la Vie, les Fleurs Fleurissent à Nouveau is done and on the player. Sounds quite nice, I thought. Mourning the Souls in Infinite Night is a bit harder. It sounded crap so we'll probably redo it. ...And Chaos Ensues... will probably also be re-recorded.

Chris wrote two new songs which will appear. One is a Thrash Metal-type song with me singing slightly akin to Tom Araya, with gory as hell lyrics, called Acidic Scourge; the other is sort of Symphonic Black Metal in the vein of Cradle of Filth. The lyrics are possibly the most horrid I've ever written. It's working title is The Virgins and a Priest, if that gives you any indication.

Now I've decided that VR2 will not appear on TST, neither will Night of Samhain. Year of the Snake might, but I'm all out of inspiration and Chris is on a roll doing other stuff. Tear-Maiden, again, is in a state of flux. Chris has also done several ballads, which may or may not appear on the album depending on several factors, those being a) whether I can write lyrics for them; b) whether Chris feels like it; and c) if we can find a singer for them. The ghosty techno piece might also appear, but it might not.

I know, that's not much information, but I can't give much else.

Another Brief Repose Amidst The Screams Of Torture

Forgotten Winter and Plague of Our Making are (sort of) done in demo form and up on the player. The fact that they sound better than the originals already and yet in FW there're no cymbals and in Plague the guitar was out of tune for the first half of the song is representative of how shit the originals were.

日本!!! (JAPAN!!!)

I finally got a good shot of Aya Hirano's ass and have written lyrics. Yay! Considering the lyrics for this are all silly nonsense, it shouldn't take long to do. The music is all sort of upbeat and punky. Oh, and I want JR to use the JR Song (Going in a Circle on the Yamanote Line) as an image song, but I dunno how to contact them.

New Project #1

Vampire Rising. I realised when I was trying to write the "sequel" that there was a huge story coming into my head, and I couldn't manage it in a single song, unless it was huge. So I figured I'd make another concept album on it. Considering the plot and other things, it may become slightly (or wholly) influenced by World Music. So mix in the style of the original Vampire Rising and that, and you'll probably end up with what we're aiming for.

New Project #2

A while ago (give or take 4 years) I wrote a huge set of lyrics. It was called The Dusky Realms of Infinite Thought. At the time the scope seemed too much for us to write. Now we have Continuum under our belts it doesn't. I'm guessing it'll eventually see the light of day, and it'll probably be a good 30 minutes or so. I'm hoping to pair it with Ghostly Notes of Haunted Nights, another set of epic lyrics I did for TST which would never fit into anything under a 15 minute song unless I said a word every second of the track. So that'll probably be about 35-40 minutes. Quite enough to be getting on with.

Buttoi Man!

Still mental. We're going to wait for this, until Chris has moved and got a real studio setup, with disposable income, and a drumkit and other and better equipment.

Opera

I've finally finished plotting it. It'll probably be 10 years before it's anywhere near realised though.

Other Projects

Will continue to wait for decent equipment.

Now, onto the:

Randomness!

Sverige
Expo got cancelled, but still met up with a load of fun people and had rather a lot of fun. Some of it can be found on youtube. Search "Eurowota" :P

Photography
Course is finished, I am now qualified to take pictures of naked women anything.

Jobseeking
The economy is so bad I can't get a job, whether in this country or abroad. Such fun.

My Crazy Erhu Adventure #2
I got it back, it's working. I think the idea behind the rosin on erhu bows is something akin to drowning.

Other Blog
To show off my slightly crazy obsessed-by-young-Japanese-girls side I started up another blog at Luscious Idolicious!? Have a read if you fancy a laugh, and an indepth look at the trip to Stockholm.

Anyway, that's all for now,

Have faen;

Krv

Comments