Well, it's been a while...

It's been a very long time since I updated this blog. Roughly 9 months, actually. So, yeah. It'll be quite long.

A Brief Repose Amidst The Screams Of Torture

It's out. With no fanfare at all, I got bored one day and released it. You can download it, for free, at this location. The tracklist is a bit screwed up, but I suppose I can trust you people to know how to rearrange tracks once they're downloaded. Also, pay no attention to the review, the person obviously has no grip on reality whatsoever. And I do appreciate that this album is quite shockingly bad. There are only a few songs on it that I can listen to. In theory, they're quite good, but due to the fact that we recorded this one on ProTools without any assistance, and I did the drums on a little 6-pad electric, it sucks. So try and look past the poor drumming and production when you listen to it, and just enjoy the concept. Also, Adriatic Splendour never got finished by James, so I just used the demo version he did of it.

The Broken Swords of Despotic Villainy

Sorry about the lack of picture, I can't seem to find the album cover. Anyway, this is a split release with the mighty Adalruna from up in the Midlands. 5 songs each.

1 - The Perks Of Being In Office (13:27)
2 - The Black Hordes Of Fallen Angels (5:03)
3 - The Beast (3:20)
4 - Vampire Rising (4:29)
5 - The Agonising Screams Of Torture (19:57)
6 - Exploring The Darkness (10:35)
7 - Drowning In The Ocean Of Despair (6:05)
8 - The Sword In The Earth (5.01)
9 - My Once Idyllic Land (1:22)
10 - Edge Of The World (Loman Cover) (5:05)

Tracks 1-5 are Hard Venom, 6-10 are Adalruna. With the exception of "Perks" and the last 14 minutes of "Agonising Screams of Torture", it's a Black Metal release. So, if you don't like the black metal, don't get it.

Anyway, you can buy this for $9 (£4.50 at current rates) plus delivery (which will be quite a lot if you're in Europe) from the funny people at Lokisson Records. Do it quickly though because it's limited to 100 copies. Just to reiterate, this is 74 minutes of music for £4.50. Take it or leave it. Personally, I'd take it.

Elemental

Again, sorry for the lack of album cover. I can't release this until 3 things happen: 1) Chris hurries up and finishes Water, 2) Chris hurries up and gets a vocalist to do Air, and 3) it stops fucking raining so I can go out and do the album cover and other associated photography. That's also a point, if anyone wants to model for this and lives in the South of England (for accessibility of travel) then please, volunteer. I'll give the concept away now. The theme of the album is the Elements (obviously) and how the Light and Dark affect them. Basically I'll be using a person to represent Light and Dark in the pictures of Elements with the opposite alignment. For example, Earth is a Dark Element, so I'd have someone representing Light in it. Air is a Light Element, so I'd have someone representing Dark. That's the idea anyway.

But, yeah. Hopefully August will bring some good weather and a willing model. If not then I have no idea when the fuck this'll be released.


To Sever Ties With All Of Mankind

That's a basic cover concept at the moment. It's nice, but I think the text needs to be fixed a bit. Plus we need a decent logo, anyone feel like drawing one for us?

Anyway, I've fixed the tracklisting up something here.

1. In Shadowy Form It Confronts (Piano Intro)
2. Les Souffrances Des Mortels
3. Ignition Sequence Countdown to Demise
4. The Night of Samhain
5. Rending The Flesh Of The Earth (Strings instrumental)
6. Bloodied Earth
7. ...And Chaos Ensues...
8. The Betrayal
9. Blowing Softly Through The Cobwebs Of Time (Woodwind instrumental)
10. Grim
11. Wilted Rose
12. Tear-Maiden
13. Thoughtful Stillness (Brass instrumental)
14. Faith in Fated Fey
15. Ghostly Notes of Haunted Nights
16. The Screams of a Thousand Banshees Ringing Out Over The Vast Expanse Of Mountains That Sweep Majestically Through The Highlands

So, I deleted "Ode To Camomile and Basilisk", because the lyrics were shit and I couldn't think of a tune for them. I've pretty much got "Les Souffrances Des Mortels", "Ignition Sequence Countdown to Demise", "Bloodied Earth", "And Chaos Ensues", and "The Betrayal" finished and ready to record, as well as "Grim" and "Screams of a Thousand Banshees" done and recorded. Chris has done an excellent job on all of the instrumentals, and finished them already. He's also started work on "Tear-Maiden", which is set to surpass "Rule Britannia" as our silliest song yet. Next up I'm going to start working on "The Night of Samhain", and if I can't do anything with it I'll give it to Chris once he's finished "Water" and "Tear-Maiden". "Ghostly Notes of Haunted Nights" is coming along, I've already improvised and recorded the intro, you can listen to it on the profile. I did all the instruments (drums, two basses, two guitars) in it, and I'm happy with the results, considering I did it on an 8-track. I think I'll write the rest of the song around the lyrics, because there are rather a lot of them (1000+ words), and then record it at Chris'.

Speaking of recording, we went to see Attila again. He said he'd be happy to record what we want to do, which is awesome, because he's the whole reason "Anger of a Nation, Doom to Us All" sounded any good at all. So, that means we have about 9 songs we need to record with him in order for max quality. The instrumentals are fine in Chris' silly MIDI (unless he wants to play them on his funky new keyboard), "Grim" and "Screams of a Thousand Banshees" are just piss-abouts and thus have no need to be recorded at Till's, and "Ghostly Notes" is so improvised it has no business being recorded at a proper studio anyway. So, yeah. Watch out world.


Random News

We have a drummer now, though we've not yet practiced together. His name is Joe Belsey, and he used to be in Serene Delirium with me. He can also play bass, which is nice, but unfortunately he can't play both at the same time. I gave him the pseudonym of "Torden", meaning "thunder" in Norwegian, because that's what he sounds like behind a kit. Rather insane. He's also quite diverse, he's quite jazz- and funk-influenced, and doesn't want to blastbeat all the time. Which is good, because most of our material lacks blastbeats anyway.

However, we don't have a bassist. We need one. I can play bass too, and so can Chris, but again, not at the same time as the guitars. I was going to train my older brother to play bass, but I haven't heard from him in a while. Anyway, if you can play bass well, and not in a typically metal fashion (I can't stand the bass following the rhythm guitar), then please, tell me so I can fix this large gap in our ranks. Apply! Of course, you don't have to, but it would be nice.

Also, Chris can't play both the guitar and keyboards on stage, so if we want to play live, we need a keyboardist. Any interested parties, apply within. Or wherever.

Random things

I went to Celebration Europe, and enjoyed being a complete geek for 3 days, and hanging with my mates from Croatia, Netherlands, Slovakia and the Midlands.

For Chris' birthday we went to Andover, incurred the wrath of his music teacher, went to the pub, didn't drink anything, went back to Salisbury, had a Guinness or two, and then I buggered off, because he wanted to watch one of the 300 films he'd purchased.

Chris is currently on holiday somewhere in Devon or Cornwall, and will be going to Austria in August to see a load of Mozart stuff.

I thoroughly fucked up on my A-levels, and if I do manage to get into University, I'll be just as shocked as everyone else.


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed that long blog entry. Goodbye.

Comments