Youtube Channel + Other Stuff

Well... I got bored and decided to use my old Youtube account to throw HV songs onto. You can find it here. Also, please watch the silly anime-theme-song karaoke I talked about a while ago.


So, other than that, not too much to report.

Elemental

We've decided, in our wisdom, that we're going to wait. Chris is getting Cubase soon, so we can do the drums on that, and then we'll probably re-record most of the songs. So, now I'm going to guess that Elemental will see the light of day in 2009, unless we do everything really quickly when I get back.

Also still looking for a model for the cover...

To Sever Ties With All of Mankind

We'll probably start recording this as soon as Elemental's done. Got pretty much all of it written apart from the end of Faith in Fated Fey, so no worries there.

Rock Opera

Yea, I'm really going ahead with it. It should be epic as hell. I'm going to reveal the characters now:

Demon King - Played by yours truly.
God Warrior - Demon's nemesis, obviously. Should be a high prog metal voice (akin to Damian Wilson), or a gloating female. Haven't decided yet.
Thief - What it says... Should be a low, growly voice, sort of like Lemmy.
Maiden - Object of God Warrior's desires. Should be a girly sort of voice. I was thinking of getting Maria Taskova to do it, even though her voice isn't that high pitched.
Lotus Princess - Um... a princess. She's the de facto ruler of the Lotus Empire, because he father is ill. Friend of Maiden's. For this role, I'm hoping to find a girl who's fluent in a Chinese language, with a high, waifish voice. If I could get Doris Yeh to do it, I would. Not sure if it's possible though.
Enraptured Samurai - A samurai of the Empire of the Rising Sun. Wants peaceful relations with the Lotus Empire, but the feeling isn't reciprocated (real life allusion in there somewhere...). Preferably, a power metal singer fluent in Japanese would sing this. Yama-B from Galneryus as a guidepost.
Mercenary - A pawn in the game between the Princess and the Samurai. Female, low vocals. Fluent in Chinese and Japanese would be a plus. If I weren't scared of reprisal from diehard metalheads, maybe Yasuda Kei would be good...
The Immortal - An Immortal character who thinks everyone's a fool. Played with great aplomb by Captain Epic himself.

Anyway. Just a general idea of what I've been planning. Some riffs are done, haven't finished any songs though. Also want to get Dan Golding to do some extra instrumentation on some songs (I want a sax on it, and the brass band in one of the songs needs either real instruments or superb VSTs, because MIDI sounds awful).

Other Stuffs

Off to Japan this Saturday. I'm living there for a month; for inspiration, for language learning, and to see whether I can actually live on my own/live in another culture. Should be a fun experiment. If all goes well, I'll probably emigrate once I've finished my HND. Not sure how we'll continue the band, seeing as how we both plan to emigrate (me somewhere far away, and Chris to Austria), but oh well.

Anyway, have fun...

Sayonara,

Pukovnik Krv

Comments