Actual Update

So, it's nearly 2009. I said I wouldn't blog again until Elemental was released, but I lied.

Anyway, to keep people up to date:

Elemental

Recording went well, all the instruments are recorded. We even re-wrote and recorded Continuum. It's now extremely awesome and proggy as hell. Air and Water still need vocals. If any power metal singers are reading this and fancy doing Air, feel free to let me know. Same with Water and female singers. If not... we'll figure something.

I finally found a model. Shot the studio bits, now I'm waiting for the model to get back from Germany so I can shoot the outside bits. I probably shouldn't have turned the thing into a Photography project because I now have to hand it in for January the 12th, and there's loads of photoshopping to be done on it yet. But oh well.

Overall, I'm hoping to have this released by May at the latest. Depending on record label interest, of course.

To Sever Ties With All Of Mankind

We started recording it. It went well so far. I'm also going to add a few more tracks to replace the ones we got rid of. Ghostly Notes will no longer appear, though it might appear on its own at a later stage due to its immense length. Expect a sequel to Vampire Rising to appear. I did have more ideas but they've slipped my mind for now.

At the moment I'm expecting to have this done sometime in June, recording wise. Might be earlier, depending on how much time we get. A release date in autumn may occur, again depending on record company interest.

Other Projects

Because they're mounting up like crazy. Basically, there're two lists. One is Hard Venom, one is Chris' Music Tech Remix. Because, of course, Chris is a music tech student and likes remixing stuff. I'll give a link later. But here are the lists:

Hard Venom:

1) Après la Vie, les Fleurs Fleurissent à Nouveau. Basically, I listened to too much Alcest and decided I wanted to do an EP in French. It'll be similar in style to Alcest, with Black Metal and Proggy bits and whatever. It's in a classical style, so the first song done for it so far is a Rondo.

2) Mourning the Souls In Infinite Night. This was my solo project, but I decided to cut it down to an EP and make it HV. It's all weird and experimental, and mostly guitar-driven. Some songtitles for it so far are "Cold, Fragmented Lament of the Sea", "Infinitus est Numerus Stultorum" (probably grammatically incorrect but I don't care), "The Earth, A Mere Puppet Dancing On The Strings Of The Master Ventriloquist: The Sun" and "Thirteen Bright Candles Violently Snuffed Out Over The Course of Eight Freezing, Moonlit Nights." This is also an experiment in how black metallish I can make the songtitles sound without actually being black metal.

3) Another Brief Repose Amidst The Scream Of Torture. We're going to re-record half of the album the way it was meant to be, and we'll program the drums. Should sound much better. Definites so far are "The Fall", "The Forgotten Winter" and "The Plague of Our Making." Might add some more. Even so, that's 3 EPs.

4) HV Present JAPAN! Changed the format a bit. It's not going to be us pretending to be 20 different bands anymore, it'll just be us playing random punkish stuff. Only one song is recorded so far, "Riding In A Circle On The Yamanote Line". A rough version is up on the Myspace player. A better version exists, but I'm still trying to perfect the narration. This album is basically going to include all the humour we forgot to put in on the EPs. Some song titles are "Aya Hirano's Luscious Buttocks", "Konnosexuality", "Maid Cafés are Really Really Fun", "Fwooooo! (The Hard Gay Song)", "DESU!" and "元気ジュース 欲しい!!!"

And yes, it's basically full of Japanese culture references that most people won't get.

5) The Adventures of Buttoi Man! Yes, we've made a Metal Superhero and we'll be chronicling his adventures and his battles against his nemesis, Superjesus! [name subsequent to change]

6) Metal Mozart. Still there, still waiting to be done. Still the requiem.

7) Metal Final Fantasy. As above.

8) Metal Musume. As above. And it's really fun.

9) Metal Opera. In about 10 parts.

Music Tech Remix

1) Musume Remix
2) Final Fantasy Remix

That's most of it, I think.



That's one of his remixes. He's done more, but they're not on Youtube. Unfortunately.

That's all for now. Except one last thing: Interviews! If you want to interview me (or Chris) feel free. Anyway, mata ne.

Pukovnik Krv
With a bang.

Comments