Stuffs (an update)

Yes, we're not dead yet.

So, updating things, as it's been near 3 months since I last did anything on here.

はい, どうぞ!

Elemental

Shock horror, it's finally finished. I can now present the final tracklisting, which is completely the same as when we first announced it, pretty much.

1. Light
2. Earth
3. Air
4. Fire
5. Water
6. Ice
7. Continuum
8. Dark
plus
9. Water remix

Eventually I did the vocals for Air and Water. I know, I'm not a good singer, nor am I a girl, but we managed. For reference, on Air I sound slightly like an Australian John Lennon, and on Water I just whispered the damn things. Toneless vocals are so much easier than pitched ones.

So now all we need is for me to finish doing the photography, and then sell it to people to try and release it. That is, if Chris ever gets over his current anti-all-music-industry-(including-indie-labels) stance.

For the record, this thing is all over the place in terms of genre. Don't expect too much of one genre, because the only ones that get repeated are grindcore (because Light and Dark together only equal about 25 seconds) and there's a bit of a Doom section in the middle of Fire. Oh, and if you stretched, you could probably call Continuum "Progressive Black Metal" or something, despite only having about a minute of BMish stuff in the entire 22. But oh well. And please don't moan about the techno-y remix. Dance Music is still music. Even if most of it does suck :P

To Sever Ties With All Of Mankind

Big news on this front. We're still recording, but we're completely screwing around with the tracklist. For example, most of the EPs I talked about in the previous entry have been coagulated into single songs. Therefore,
Après la Vie, les Fleurs Fleurissent à Nouveau and Mourning The Souls In Infinite Night are now songs on TST. Their respective EPs have been scrapped. For the latter, I basically threw all the riffs for the different songs I had together, and came up with something pretty awesome. Sounds a bit Meshuggah-y. But with 6 string guitars instead of 8string ones.

We've also decided to delete a load of the instrumentals, because they weren't brilliant. Also, we've deleted Bloodied Earth. Lyrically, I loved it. Musically, it was pretty good. But trying to record it was bloody impossible. We couldn't get the clean guitars to sound right, and the electric ones sounded rushed. Maybe it'll appear in the future.

Night of Samhain is a candidate for speedy deletion. I'm unable to reconcile a song that has 5 verses and choruses, no matter how good the lyrics might be. The fact that my riffs are pretty unimaginative for it is also why it's probably not going to be on the album.

Certainties at this point are: In Shadowy Form It Confronts, Les Souffrances Des Mortels, Ignition Sequence Countdown to Demise, ...And Chaos Ensues..., Wilted Rose, Faith in Fated Fey, and Après la Vie, les Fleurs Fleurissent à Nouveau. Others that should make it, but I'm not sure about, are Vampire Exodus (sequel to Vampire Rising), Year of the Snake, Mourning The Souls In Infinite Night and maybe a cover of Uma2rman's Ночной Дозор.

Tear-Maiden is, as always, in a state of flux. I'm also hoping that two other songs by Chris will make it on, namely another ballady type song that has a Black Metal breakdown, and a really eerie assed techno-y piece. I think that's it for now.

Another Brief Repose Amidst The Screams Of Torture

Throwing caution to the wind, we've decided that we're going to re-record in its entirety. Or nearly entirety. We're going to change Prelude to a Mass Murder and Pain Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Pleasure. So far, The Fall has been re-recorded, and is currently getting an orchestral makeover; The Forgotten Winter has been done and will be getting an orchestral or synth makeover; and Plague of Our Making has been started. We're doing this because the original version sucked ass.

日本!!! (JAPAN!!!)

Yea... We're still doing it. At the moment it's low priority. I put the newest and probably final version of Going in a Circle on the Yamanote Line up on the Myspace. I also ran it past my まぶ達 ちいちゃん (mabudachi Chii-chan) and she said that my pronunciation was 完璧 (kanpeki), so I'm happy with it.

Now all the remains is to get a close-up view of Aya Hirano's ass so I can write a good song about it :P

The Adventures of Buttoi Man!

Yes, our beloved superhero. She (yes, Buttoi Man is female) now has an arch-nemesis. His name is Refrigeeta!!! Sinister, no?

Stylistically, this will be something like a Superhero movie score + gagaku music + metal. Probably. We haven't really started writing it yet.

Opera

Still waiting for inspiration to strike so I can write a synopsis of the second act, the third act, and the fourth act. And the 5th if I need to.


Other projects

They will be done. Eventually.

Randomness

Sverige
I'm going to Sweden. Yay. Stockholm, 3 days in May. Unfortunately, three cute girls called Buono! may be keeping me busy :P

Interviews
Still haven't heard anything back from anyone. Please, how can I look like I'm selling myself if I've got no one to sell myself too? *pout*

:P

Bands I Think You Should Check Out
Because Fenriz is doing it, I'm going to pretend to be cool as well :P
Anchorhead! - Seriously, anyone playing Technical Death Metal versions of the Star Wars music deserves a fucking knighthood.
Chthonic! - I still love them. GO TAIWAN! They have a new album coming out soon too, hopefully it'll kick ass.
Dragon Guardian - Seriously cool Japanese power metal.
Galneryus - Seriously cool Japanese neoclassical Power Metal.
Meza Virs - Because obviously, they kick ass.
Onmyouza - Because NWOBHM never sounded cooler with a Japanese chick on lead vocals.
SPLEN!!! - Hmm! Cod! Richard Branson! Simon Cowell! Coupar Angus! Yay!
Stribog - Yay, Croatian folk metal!
YOHIO - Probably as close to a vision of the future as you can get.


Anyway, that's all for now. I did think of something else to say, then I forgot it, because I'm an idiot.

Be Genki.

Krv
*with a bang, and some flowers*

PS. I remembered what I forgot:


My Crazy Erhu Adventure

I bought an erhu. It looked sexy. It had a dead snake wrapped around it. The bow didn't work. I sent it back. Still haven't got a new bow :(

Comments