So, large update...

Okay, several things to sum up, seeing as I've been too lazy to write anything about... anything lately.

A Brief Repose Amidst The Screams Of Torture



The album is done. Just waiting for James to add a few more sound effects to Adriatic Splendour, and then, voila. He'll send it over, I'll listen to it, and send the whole album back to him. The reason for that is because Hard Venom have been signed to Grape Drop Records, James' company. He'll get the album printed up and such. The linear notes and artwork is also nearly done. I've got the pictures I took a year ago to use, and other bits and pieces. Just need to finish retyping the notes due to the new tracklist changes. Again. The new tracklist is:

  1. Prelude to a Mass Murder [M: Krv]
  2. The Fall [L: Krv; M: Krv and Epic]
  3. The Beast [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  4. The Black Hordes of Fallen Angels [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  5. My Vice Is Sacrifice [L: Krv; M: Krv and Epic]
  6. Apocalypse [M: Epic and Krv]
  7. The Forgotten Winter [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  8. The Plague of Our Making [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  9. Pain Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Pleasure [M: Epic]
  10. Adriatic Splendour [L: Krv; M: Krv and James Traver Jr.]
  11. Brudt Stilhed [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  12. The Agonising Screams Of Torture [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  13. In The Hall of the Mountain King [M: Edvard Grieg; Adapted for the 21st Century: Krv and Epic]
Enraptured Samurai Warrior was dropped due to the lack of singer able to do the vocals, and the fact that Chris didn't like it.

The album, with luck, should be available in highly limited quantities from the beginning of November. Should you wish to buy a copy, I'll be selling them for $15 or 8 quid, depending upon your location. I have to pay $4.50 for each one, and I do want to get at least enough money back to pay for the next roll of copies. There will be 22 copies per roll, once they're sold I'll throw another $100 to James for printing, get them across, etc. If you don't want the artwork or linear notes, I'll probably put just the music up on Lulu.com, where Anger of a Nation, Doom To Us All is currently located, and allow a download of it for a reduced price, probably something like $6 or 3 pounds. After that's all done, I'm hoping James gets us some promotion or something stateside. Frenchie needs to do some of that too, so, if you could...

Lineup Disintegration

That's right. It's happened again. Another one gone. Chris has quit Hard Venom for various reasons. 1) Our music styles are so varied that he feels like he's not able to explore his own stuff enough. 2) He thinks he's a bad guitarist (Not sure where he got that idea from). 3) He's quit playing guitar and has turned into a pianist, due to Nobuo Uematsu. Damn them Japanese videogame composers. He also doesn't feel like composing anymore, which is fine, as he didn't really compose much anyway for Hard Venom, though his solo stuff is amazing. Just guitar, most of the time, though he did do one piece in 5/4 timing with cellos and stuff. That was good.

However, due to his departure, that means that it's only me left. Me = Krv, if you hadn't guessed by now. So, even less chance of doing a live show. I plan to continue with Hard Venom as a solo project, so don't worry about no more Hard Venom. Besides, I still need a musical output.

Serene Delirium

Yeah, another band. It was formed in May, and I'm the guitarist. It's not really that like Hard Venom, well, not like any Hard Venom that anyone has heard yet, except for me, Chris, James, and maybe Heda. It's Progressive, sort of. The best description is the name: A complete paradox. It's difficult to go insane quietly, but we're not really quiet at all. It's like... noise. But with a funky edge. Imagine taking metal guitarwork, funk/Flea style basswork, and metal/jazz drumming, and turning it proggy. That's what it's like. We did have two vocalists. One left and one was fired, due to their badness. We're not sure what to do now, but consensus is progressive funk, sans vocals. If you feel like checking us out, go to Serene Delirium's Myspace. Complete random offtopicness there, but I felt like doing that.

Elemental

Yes, another album. This one is more conceptual even than ABRATSOT (My great abbreviation for A Brief Repose Amidst The Screams Of Torture), and is based around 4 centerpoints: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. The full tracklist is:


  1. Light (Shining In The Face Of The Dark) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  2. Earth (The Dirt That Sculpts The Land) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  3. Air (The Buffeting of Winds) [L: Krv; M: Epic]
  4. Fire (The Roar of the Flame) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  5. Water (The Music of the Brook) [L: Krv; M: Epic]
  6. Ice (The Biting Frost) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  7. Continuum (Space and It's Vast Incomprehensible Boundless Distances, and Time With It's Infinite Depths of Exploration) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  8. Void [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  9. Dark (Encroaching Onto The Light) [L: Krv; M: Krv]
  10. Fur Elise [M: Ludwig van Beethoven; Adapted For The 21st Century: Krv and Epic]


Brief description of the songs:

Light: Grindcore intro, 11 seconds.
Earth: Doom Metal, 7 or 8 minutes.
Air: Power Metal, 5-6 Minutes.
Fire: Death Metal, 8-9 minutes.
Water: Acoustic piece, 15-20 minutes.
Ice: Black Metal, 5 minutes.
Continuum: Effects guitar, synth, keyboard, acoustic Progressive Black Metal. Beyond description really. 9 minutes.
Void: Nothing.
Dark: Grindcore outro, 16 seconds.
Fur Elise: Go and listen to it, then butcher it.

Yes, Chris does have songs on this album. He'll finish writing them, then he'll be finished with the band. Sort of. He'll produce and record this album too. After that, I don't know.

Suffice to say that this album will be too diverse.

Random Krvness...

Some random ramblings on my recent ventures...

So, I went to Croatia for a week of inspiration. I was verily doused in inspiration, and doused in rain too. I just happened to visit in the wettest week of the summer. However, I was lucky in that I arrived and departed before all of these silly airport checks in London. Some places I visited were :

  • Porec, a lovely little coastal town that has been absolutely ruined by tourism and Germans. The sea was nice though, when it wasn't trying to kill me.
  • Plava Laguna: A place named after Luc Besson's opera singer in The Fifth Element, which in turn was a Croatian translation of Milla Jovovich's first film, Blue Lagoon.
  • Plitvicka Jezera/Plitvice Lakes National Park: A beautiful natural occurence, which has twenty or so lakes all fuelled by one river occupying a space of about 20 miles, surrounded by mountains. There are lots of waterfalls and other pretty stuff, so this was the main source of inspiration. On the way there I also travelled past/through: Pazin, Inland Istria, Opatija, Rijeka, Gorski Kotar, Karlovac and possibly Bosnia. Still trying to figure out that last though. But it confirmed to me that Croatia houses just about the whole of Europe, landscape wise, in one country.
  • Venezia: Not in Croatia, but right across the Adriatic from Porec, so I caught a boat. It was dreadful. Raining in the morning, well, pissing down. Got very wet. The Dutch enjoyed it though, half of them removed half their clothing and walked barefoot around, despite the puddles. There was nowhere to sit all day, until I found a church to sit on. That was amusing, if not fun. I wasn't allowed in the Museums because of my bag, and wasn't allowed in Libraries because I didn't speak Italian. I didn't even bother to try to get into the Basilica San Marco though, the cue was huge. The only upside was that the pizza's were decent. I got lost several times, and only found myself about half an hour before the boat was scheduled to leave. The Americans were hell... The boat was also sucky, the Adriatic decided to throw a tantrum, which involved the boat spending nearly as much time airborne as the aeroplane did. About half of the boat threw up. I didn't, luckily, but I did get a headache.
  • Pula: One of the better days, despite early morning monsoon. The Porec Bus Station was six inches underwater, which was fun, to say the least. Pula though was amusing. It would rain, then stop, then rain, then stop. I think Heda dragged me to every museum and historical thing in Pula, and also a cool CD shop, in which I saw a CD I wanted, and then completely forgot to buy it.

    Anyway, enough rambling on that. I also became an admin of Star Wars Tactics, so now I get even less time to compose. Yay.

    ...And Chaos Ensues...

    I've begun to write a new album, tentatively titled ...And Chaos Ensues. It's the first time I've actually named an album after a song title. So far, some tracks from it include "...And Chaos Ensues...", "The Betrayal", "Tear-Maiden", and "Les Souffrances Des Mortels." The last is a song all in French, further exploring my love of languages. This will probably not be recorded with Blade, I'm considering going back to Attila's studio, despite the fact that I'd have to pay.

    And finally:

    I'm taking up the cello, so expect some cello parts in new stuff, post-Elemental. However, Hard Venom will not become Apocalyptica. For a start, I'm nowhere near good enough.

    Anyway, dovidjena...

    Krv.

Comments