Random Update

Pozdrav! Again...

I'll cut straight to the business today.

Elemental

This is failing. Chris (Monsieur Epic) has still not done Water. He also hasn't found a singer for Air. Everything's done apart from those two tracks. It's annoying.

I also didn't manage to do the cover and booklet before the rain set in, so now I'm going to have to wait until next year, so this will now definitely be a 2008 release.

To Sever Ties With All Of Mankind

Nearly all written. Just got to finish up Faith in Fated Fey, really. And decide whether or not I want to have Ghostly Notes on there, or do it seperately.

I have all the songs in MIDI format now (yay for GuitarPro), and a good idea of direction, now all that remains is to book the studio and actually destroy my fingers playing it (some of this stuff is ridiculously technical, especially the bass parts).

So now I'll give you all a hint of the musical force behind each track:

In Shadowy Form It Confronts: Piano intro with hints of strings.
Les Souffrances Des Mortels: Blackened Death Metal, really.
Ignition Sequence Countdown: Thrash Metal.
The Night of Samhain: Heavy Metal.
Rending the Flesh of the Earth: Strings Interlude.
Bloodied Earth: Acoustic Folk Black Metal?
...And Chaos Ensues...: Black Metal, Enslaved style.
Thoughtful Stillness: Brass interlude.
Grim: Grindcore.
Wilted Rose: Guitar instrumental with vocal intro.
Tear-Maiden: Power Metal!!!
Blowing Softly Through The Cobwebs Of Time: Woodwind interlude.
Faith in Fated Fey: Haven't finished it yet, but it's currently a Folk Metal piece with some funky bass.
Ghostly Notes: Jazz Metal.
Screams: Um, screaming.
Nochnoy Dozor: The end song from the film Nochnoy Dozor (Night Watch). It was a rap song. I've sort of folk-metalled it.

Anyway, should tide you over.

After TSTWOAM...

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. I have several ideas, none of which seem to be making way over the others. The 3 most prominent ideas are:

Four Seasons

No, not Vivaldi. I'm calling it this because I don't have a better idea. Basically, it is the title. We do 4 songs, one for each season. I want to resurrect The Forgotten Winter from ABRATSOT to do Winter, and re-record it. It's one of the better songs I've written, and lyrically, I think it's the best, but the ABRATSOT recording quality is so terribly bad that I'm going to have to completely revamp it.

Day

Yes, concept album number two. Tracking a day through its stages: Dawn, Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Dusk, Evening, Night. It sounded good in my head.

Random Sci-Fi/Horror/Fantasy homage

Only real non-conceptual idea. Would involve me writing songs about some of the fandoms I like, probably. So far, ideas for this are Nochnoy Dozor (Night Watch; Sergei Lukyanenko), Dnevnoy Dozor (Day Watch; Sergei Lukyanenko/Vladimir Vasilyev), Wiedzmin (The Witcher; Andrzej Sapkowski), Kushiel's Legacy (Jacqueline Carey), The Magicians Guild (Trudi Canavan), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams), Dirk Gently (Douglas Adams), Njorl's Saga (Monty Python crew), Firefly/Serenity (Joss Whedon), Heroes (Tim Kring), and maybe some covers of anime songs that keep getting stuck in my bloody head, like Love Hina, Negima, Negima!? and Haibane Renmei. Not sure how to cut it down yet though. I would also do something Star Wars-y, but Lucas would probably sue me.

Requiem

Chris wants to work on a Metal Version of Mozart's Requiem. What I've heard so far sounds very nice.

Instrumentation

Still looking for several things:

Guitarist: It's hard to play and sing at the same time, so if we could get another guitarist to play live it'd be cool. Also, if we can't find a bassist, it'd free up me or Chris to play bass. If you want to apply, please do, just make sure you're relatively good.

Bassist: One who can play intricate and fast basslines in a funky way. Not just bog-standard metal bass-follows-guitar type stuff.

Keyboardist: Chris is good, but he can't play guitar and keyboard live. Reference standard: if you can play anything by Liszt, you're good enough.

Female Singer: Can be combined with any post above. Need an added element, a female vocal can do a hell of a lot better than my falsetto. Not looking for any particular style, as long as it's female, and vocal-ish.

Guests!

I have a tendency to work with guests. I'm not quite as guest-riddled as Ayreon yet, but I do enjoy working with new people. In the past, I've worked with Al Marsh, Attila, James Traver Jr, Maria Taskova, Bria LaVorgna and probably some others that I can't remember. I'd like to have some more guests. Right now, what I need most is someone to sing Air (preferably heavy/power metal style), Water (preferably female. I did have Maria tapped for this but I'm not sure if she'll actually do it), Night of Samhain (preferably "dirty" vocal style, like Lemmy or Paul Di'Anno. If I can get Paul Di'Anno, I'd be happy. :P ), and Tear-Maiden (power metal).

If you want to help out, please just send a message or leave a comment.

(Now randomly, a list of people I'd like to have singing):

Paul Di'Anno
Ana (from Stribog)
Berislav (from Soundbringer)
Julie (from To-Mera)
Jason (from Akercocke)
Hansi (from Blind Guardian)
Freddy and Doris (from ChthoniC, Freddy doing his clean vocals which are rare nowadays)

Randomness

I'm now at college doing photography (yay, I finally get to make an ass of myself), Chris is still at College doing Music (though different bits of Music this time).

Chris is still doing his epic classical stuff.

And getting drunk on Mead in the middle of London isn't a good idea.

Anyway, feedback on the next-album-ideas would be appreciated. Applications would be even more appreciated. Other random comments or anything at all would also be appreciated.

Dovidjena.

Krv.

Comments